Japan-Korea Partnership Programme
Welcome to the website of the Japan-Korea Partnership Programme of the LMU Munich Faculty of Law
LMU 뮌헨법대 한-일 파트너십 프로그램 홈페이지에 오신것을 환영합니다
+++ Notice: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, it is possible for students from SNU and Chuo University to pursue their studies at LMU online from home. For further information, please contact the LMU’s international office. +++
Since 2001, the LMU Munich Faculty of Law has maintained close relations with the Law School of the Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto (Japan) and the School of Law of the Seoul National University (Korea). In 2013, this partnership was expanded with the Faculty of Law of Chuo University, Tokyo (Japan).
Today, there are partnership agreements with the Seoul National University School of Law and the Faculty of Law of Chuo University, Tokyo.
Incoming students from Seoul National University and Chuo University have the following study options in Munich:
- Participation of both Undergraduates and Graduates at the regular course of study for one to two semesters: Applications are submitted directly to the International Office for enrollment at the University.
- Participation of both Undergraduates and Graduates at the Munich Summer Schools:
- Munich University Summer Training in German and European Law (MUST programme): Applications are submitted directly to the MUST programme.
- Munich Advanced Course in International Law (MACIL programme): Applications are submitted directly to the MACIL programme.
- Participation of Graduates at the LL.M. Programme on the Basics of German Law (taught in German): Applications are submitted directly to the LL.M. programme (application to the Dean to determine their qualification for participation in the postgraduate course of study and application to the International Office for enrollment at the University).
Furthermore there is the possibility for legal researchers from Seoul National University and Chuo University to benefit from the exchange agreements and, after consultation with the Japan-Korea Partnership Programme, to undertake visiting research stays at LMU Munich, Faculty of Law. Please visit also LMU's international scholars website.
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form.